Only 8 more sleeps! We have been soo busy crafting this month, it has been hard to find the time to blog about our makes and adventures. This morning still in our PJ’s we made Christmas playdough, listening to Magic Christmas on the radio.
I wanted it to be ‘Christmassy’ using natural ingredients.
We made a small amount to try it out and knowing that we have so much planned I thought it would be wasted making loads.
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup Salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- Natural food colouring (these are available on amazon here, but they are a good price in Waitrose) Although, for the cinnamon playdough the spice worked as the colour and scent.
- Essential oils and/or spices. I used spices for the gingerbread and the cinnamon and a peppermint essential oil for the green dough, which I purchased here.
- First put the flour in a mixing bowl.
- Add the warm water. (If only making one scent and colour it’ll be easier to add those now)
- Mix together to make a ball of dough.
- I then split the dough into 3 and added the scent and colouring to each ball.
- Mix until you get the desired affect. You may want to add a little more flour if sticky.
- Yay! There you go! Some natural Christmas playdough. So fast and easy to make.
- My daughter had great fun going through her cutter stash to find the Christmas ones.
I really enjoyed how quick this was and my daughter was entertained for quite a while without asking for screen time. I think it would be good to do a vanilla playdough and maybe a cocoa one next time; using pine-cones and cinnamon sticks to make patterns so even the tools would be natural too 🤔(I am literally just thinking of these ideas as I type).
What scents or flavours do you or you kids like at Christmas? Please comment below if you found this helpful.
You can follow Pockets Full Of Daisies if you enter your email address at the bottom of this page. I do have lots to write about at the moment – a wreath kit arrived yesterday so that will be tomorrows family task 😄.